Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to reality

Oh what a harsh, harsh reality to be back at work today! I've been off work since December 22nd, and it was such a wonderful break!

As expected, Jameson and I were super busy:

Friday afternoon we headed to McMinnville for Christmas Eve celebrations with his Mom's side of the family.
Then back to Dickson Friday night.
We slept soundly at our own house Christmas Eve and woke to a wonderful present..... a White Christmas morning!! It was quite a memorable morning for our first Christmas together as a married couple!! (cheesy, cheesy, cheesy....I know...I can't help it)
Then we headed to my parent's house for our traditional breakfast and opening of presents.
Next we all loaded up and traveled to Winchester for the Clardy Christmas with Gary's family.
After that, Jameson and I departed from my family (tear!) and headed back to McMinnville for celebrations at Nana's house with aunts, uncles, and first cousins from Jameson's Dad's side.
And THEN, we made the short trek to Jameson's parent's house for final Christmas day activities with the immediate family. 4 Christmases in one day!!
Sunday we went to church and enjoyed a pot-luck get together with Jameson's Dad's extended family. It was quite the family reunion!
Monday we went back to Dickson to have lunch with my Dad at my sister and brother-in-law's home. (awesome meatloaf Laura!!!)
Then back to McMinnville Monday afternoon to hang with Jameson's cousin and brother that night, and spend a few more days with the Bouldins.

It was a busy, busy, busy few days, but we felt so blessed to have such a great family to spend the holiday with! The sad thing about such a whirlwind break is how quickly it goes by. It's as if I blinked and the next thing I know I'm sitting at my desk unable to recall what day it is, and trying to remember how to turn my computer on. It took me till nearly 11 o'clock today to feel slightly coherent as to my surroundings, and remember exactly what my job duties are.
Hopefully my acclamation process will be quick, and my sadness for the abrupt passing of our Christmas holiday will subside as Tuesday comes around.
Here are a few photos from our memorable, whirlwind Christmas 2010! (Note there aren't any of Jameson and I...what was I thinking?!)











1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys had a good first Christmas as marrieds! It sounds like it was pretty busy, but sometimes busy is nice. :) We need a good excuse to get together soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete