Thursday, December 23, 2010

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!!"

This week I have really been feeling the Christmas spirit. I only worked Monday and Tuesday, and don't officially go back until January 3rd. (although I might go in a day next week because I fear I will get bored) Yesterday I FINALLY finished our Christmas shopping, and have been wrapping presents, cleaning, cooking, and loving every minute of it!! Today Jameson is also off work, and we are super stoked about having a 'quiet' day together...although I'm sure we will spend most of it wrapping presents, doing laundry, cleaning the house, and other preparatory things to ready ourselves for being out of town. We have a very busy Christmas ahead of us, one filled with lots of driving and party hopping, so we plan to enjoy every minute of our day today; a day of peace and alone time before all the family festivities. We are however, quite looking forward to being with our families over the next few days...it should be a great Christmas!!! :)

As promised, I wanted to share a few of the pictures from the ''learning experience'' roll of film that I took a few weeks ago. I plan to practice my photography skills over the Christmas break. Although after looking at these pictures, you'll realize I probably shouldn't call them 'skills'.
To start, are pictures from Hatcher's first birthday party. Hatcher is the son of one of my best and oldest friends Stephanie and her husband Andy. It was such a fun night; the Fuquas are wonderful hosts and Jameson and I thoroughly enjoyed spending the evening with their family and our close friends. Too bad the pictures don't reflect that. 

Hatcher's Birthday Cake....half of it
Meda and the birthday boy...can you tell she has baby fever??

Stephanie's gorgeous table arrangement...a little dark!


Next are pictures from Laurel's Christmas party! Laurel can throw one mean party, we all had a grand time!! Our group of friends isn't able to get together very often, and thus I took numerous pictures that night, probably to the point of being annoying...sorry friends. So I was totally heartbroken when the didn't turn out!!


Laurel and Brooke cracking up....sadly you can only see Brooke.

Beautiful Meda....a little over exposed :(
Good friends in a good hug!! Too bad it's a little over exposed too!!

The following picture of mine and Jameson's Christmas tree turned out OK, but not great, and it looks like it's a photo from the late seventies. Weird!!

Hopefully I'll have better luck with my next roll; maybe I can figure this camera out well enough to help me capture all our upcoming Christmas fun! I'm not holding my breath though...

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment