Saturday, January 22, 2011

Potty mouth

Last Saturday, Jameson and I watched Sadie while Laura, Robert, Mom and Gary went to see Bill Cosby at TPAC (very jealous!) As usual, we had a really fun time with Sadie; we spent our day painting, napping (just me and Sadie of course), painting nails, playing house, making and eating pizza, and using Jameson as a jungle gym.
One of her favorite things is to stack pillows on Jameson's lap and pretend she is riding a horse. It's pretty comical.

During dinner, Sadie and I watched a little football with Jameson. Since Sadie is probably not very accustomed to watching football, Jamo and I tried to explain the basics to her and involve her in the game. We told her which team we were pulling for, and encouraged her to pick a team as well.
"Sadie, do you want the red team or white team to win??"  "RED!!!" she would exclaim, "Go RED guys!"
In attempts to further involve her in the game, I tried to point out specific players that had the ball, so she would be able to follow along with the action.
"Look Sadie, watch number 33, the guy there with the big butt, watch him, he is going to run with the ball"
During this particular drive, number 33 (Michael Turner of the Falcons) had many carries, which of course prompted me to say... "Look Sadie, there he is again, big butt number 33!"

Well little did I know, Sadie's tiny ears were paying very close attention to what I was saying...and she was not impressed.

Laura told me that the next day Sadie immediately tattled on me....
"MOM....Aunt Meme said BUTT, she said look at number 33 with the big BUTT...that's not a nice word...she isn't supposed to say that!!!"
Needless to say I was a little embarrassed. I had no idea my sweet little niece was viewing me with such disapproving eyes, that she was so disappointed with my potty mouth. I thought she idolized me. Instead she was traumatized and tattled on me.
I've definitely learned my lesson....next time I will spell butt!!!     ;)

3 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up too much. The first time Joshua said "Crap," it was totally my fault. And Jason hasn't let me forget it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember the little ones really DO have big ears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that Sadie is smart as a whip. She probably already knows how to spell butt! :) Maybe sign language?

    ReplyDelete