Monday, January 17, 2011

Am I the only one at work???

Oh the Monday blues!!
It was such a struggle to get out of bed and get going this morning. The sun was also quite slow in making its appearance...I tried to convince myself that there is no way it could really be 6 am because it was too dark outside. But alas it was 6 am, actually 6:25 by the time I rolled out of bed, and the sun was hiding behind a deary, cloudy sky.
Jameson didn't have school today, and it was tough to get ready for work while watching him sleep, snuggled warm and cozy in our bed. I stared at him with glaring, malicious eyes, finding myself resenting him for being able to sleep in (I really like sleeping, it's my favorite). He must have felt my intense glare, because he became restless and eventually woke up, immediately asking if he should start my car for me. What a sweetheart right?? Of course my resentment then melted away, for the most part, and I was able to finish getting ready without giving him the stink eye.
Once on my way to work, I again doubted whether or not I got up at the right time because there was no one on the roads!! It was 10 minutes into my trip before I passed another car. Then it hit me, today is a holiday, most people don't have to work today! My foggy, sleepy brain didn't put those two things together while watching Jameson peacefully sleep.
I thoroughly enjoyed my effortless commute this morning, but it was such an isolated and forlorn feeling to be one of only a few people who had to get up, go to work, and suffer through this rainy, slow-moving Monday.
Ohhhh 4:30...please hurry and get here!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm at work too! Thankfully it's been busy! But I have a feeling these last two hours may slow down.

    ReplyDelete