Monday, January 31, 2011

Mascara Revolution

For years and years, I suppose as long as I've been wearing mascara, I've dealt with daily raccoon eyes. After every shower or at the end of a long day, there would be more mascara under my eyes than on my lashes. When first realizing this annoyance as a teen, I went to my mother for help and she opened my eyes (no pun intended) to the wonderful world of eye make-up remover. I used hers for a while (thanks Mom), but eventually began buying my own.....and have used it daily for years...I'm talking decades (OK not really). But I could probably own stock in this stuff.

My lifesaver
 Well.....I recently became the glad recipient of a sample size tube of Clinique mascara. I loved the color and the ease with which I could apply it, but the greatest and most exciting thing happened after a day of wear....NO dark circles. And after my shower....NO black streaks running down my face. I was flabbergasted! I even shrieked for Jameson to come quickly and observe the lack of dark, scary raccoon eyes. He of course was not as keyed up about this as I was.
But, I believed I have found my new lifesaver......better mascara!!!
Now the question is...does the prospect of never having to buy eye make-up remover again justify the pricier mascara? In the long run, is using higher quality mascara better for my eyes because I'm no longer subjecting the tender, under eye area to daily remover residue? Or do I just want a reason to buy nice mascara?
Thoughts??

3 comments:

  1. I, too, suffer from the daily raccoon eyes! I've used just about every brand of mascara (I think I counted the other day and I had 11 different kinds in my make-up bag), but I have the same problem with all of them. I will give the Clinique High Impact mascara a try! For me, mascara is my favorite makeup tool, so I don't mind splurging a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better mascara for sure! I buy Wal-mart stuff for all my other makeup but mascara is a different story. I think it's the most important haha! So yes, stick to the Clinique mascara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure if you let the mascara company know you felt a strong need to blog about their product, they might send you some for free. Worth a try at least!

    ReplyDelete