Sunday, January 23, 2011

Adventures in cooking

Last week I made a pasta dish from my best friend Ree's Tasty Kitchen site called Bacon Parmesan Pasta. YUM!! Just the name of it is appetizing; I mean what can be bad about bacon, Parmesan, and pasta....in one dish!?

The first step in making this is frying the bacon. I'm not very good at frying bacon. Quite frankly I'm not very good at frying anything (which maybe is some kind of innate or subconscious attribute to prevent me from eating unhealthy things) Or more likely, the reason I'm not skilled at frying is because I rarely do it....because I'm scared. I'm scared of the popping grease....terrified....petrified.....I hate it. But, I was determined to make this dish so I had to find a way to get through it. My solution??
Full coverage. No skin exposed.

Brilliant right??
Beautiful, tasty, wonderful bacon...without the pain!
The dish turned out OK but honestly it was not my favorite. The bacon was a little overpowering. I tried to combat that by adding triple the amount of crushed red pepper ( I love spicy stuff!), but it didn't really help.

Jameson on the other hand LOVED it, and so did the neighbors. The neighbors are both my guinea pigs and trash disposal. After cooking, I try to send them a serving to get their opinion and to prevent our fridge from being full of uneaten leftovers...it's a good relationship.
Hopefully this week's adventures will be better!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds really good to me right now! I might need you to send me this recipe so I can make it tonight:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love being your neighbor and your guinea pigs!!! Works great for us!

    Mom & Gary

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, the long sleeves and mitten are ingenious! Your blog posts are most entertaining!

    ReplyDelete