Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My fashion critic


Monday night Laura and Sadie came over for a quick visit. I was already bundled in my comfy p.j. wear for the evening which included a long sleeve t-shirt, baggy pants, thick socks, my bathrobe (that I think is 100 years old but my absolute favorite), and....................... my glasses.
I have very poor vision. Very bad. I'm practically blind. The lenses in my glasses are quite thick.
Not many people have seen me in my glasses.
Sweet little Sadie walks in and her first words are:

OOOhhhhhh Aunt Meme, you have on such funny glasses.
Oh those are silly.
Don't have those on Aunt Meme!
You look like a monster. You have monster eyes.
Those are boy's glasses.
Those glasses are for boys!
You have funny eyes.

I believe I'll be wearing my contacts the next time she pays me a visit.

3 comments:

  1. you have a real live anna wintour over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stinker! I'll make sure to look my best next time I see little Sadie. :) In all fairness, Joshua doesn't like when I wear glasses either. He tells me to take them off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is ok MeMe!!! How wonderful to have correction for poor vision! Sadie gets to see us in ALL of our glory! I'll tell you in private what she told me recently----twice!

    ReplyDelete