Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Resolutions

So, it's already January 5th, and it seems I'm a little behind on pondering my New Year's resolutions. (Our as one of our consumers recently called them, 'revolutions').
I believe I've been in denial that the new year was actually upon us, and was heartbroken that Christmas was actually over, and that I actually had to return to work, and actually work while there.
But the truth must be faced....it's 2011 now, and time to make some resolutions. I, like many other people, don't always do well at keeping resolutions. But maybe there will be something different about 2011, maybe I will tap into some previously unrealized vat of motivation, maybe I will become more productive and focused than Jameson, maybe I will conquer the world and eliminate hunger.....all not likely. But there are a few things I'd like to work on.

- Take my vitamins everyday. I've always wanted to be better at taking vitamins, but I suppose I've lacked motivation. But this year is different; I'm SO sick of my short hair and I'm hoping taking multi-vitamins will make it grow super fast!! (It worked for my girlfriends who've taken pre-natal vitamins..so here's hoping!)

-Exercise. It is absolutely ridiculous that I get out of breath when I climb a set of stairs. Ridiculous. So I bought some yoga/pilates dvds, some work-out attire, and hope to get my heart-rate up at least twice a week.

-Continue to learn about photography. I am determined to master this craft. I bought a book about 35mm photography from Amazon for $2.50 (waahooo!) and hope to practice, practice, practice. Anybody want their picture taken?? It's hard to find pretty, inanimate objects to take pictures of in the winter... everything is dead and brown. So let me know if you want to be my guinea pig.

-Continue to learn about cooking, sewing, home-making, and gardening (how old does that make me sound???). This is a resolution that is on-going. Mastering these 'talents' will take me a long time, but since Jameson and I are kid-less, now is the perfect time to tackle them.

Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Taking your multi-vitamins as a New Year Resolution! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete