Friday, June 24, 2011

Home sweet Home

It's Friday. Hallelujah.
We are not traveling this weekend. Hallelujah. Thank goodness. It's a miracle.

We have made the trip to Mactown the last 5 weekends. That's right, 5 weekends in a row.
And while all the trips were for special events that I wouldn't miss for the world, I am glad to be able to rest, clean, sleep, weed, water, play, straighten, nap, church, snuggle, and eat in my own home.
I'm hoping me and my husband have a date with Mazatlan tonight, and praying that me and my pillow have a date tomorrow morning.
Jameson is home mowing the lawn as we speak (actually, as I write), so hopefully we can spend some of tomorrow afternoon in our garden.
And who knows for Sunday....there are so many options...I'm consumed with excitement. Church, lunch, then maybe a quiet afternoon with the Braves. Or maybe church, lunch, and a hike in the park (that will take some convincing). Most likely it will be church, lunch, grocery store, laundry, make lunches, and vacuum.
All in our own home. 
Sounds like the best weekend ever.

But don't worry Mactown....we'll be back next weekend ;)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed your peaceful weekend! Now it's back to the grindstone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so nice! We get to spend this weekend completely at home too. Even though I wouldn't have passed up on the fun things we were up to the past couple of weekends, time at home sounds fabulous. :) And, I need to clean my house. :)

    ReplyDelete