Monday, November 22, 2010

Pillows and Pictures

I have been a little delinquent with posting updates on some of the things I've been working on for the house. I feel like making this house a home is a continual project...and I'm not sure if I'll ever feel done (probably a normal feeling for most??). But it's been really fun thinking of creative and inexpensive ways to make it feel like our home.

One of the projects I've been wanting to tackle for months is making new pillow covers for our couch pillows. The sofa and love seat came with four pillows....perfect size and very fluffy. But sadly, they were covered with the ugliest fabric I'd ever seen.  The fabric made my eyes cross, caused sudden waves of nausea, and sometimes put me in a foul mood...quite frankly...I hated them. I tried to hide them in a closet, or put them in the back bedroom...but they always seemed to find their way back to the couch. (It's hard to nap without a pillow!!)

Gag!!!
So a few Saturdays ago, I set up shop in the living room and sewed for hours. I made two cream colored solid print and two floral print for the living room and two of a different floral print for the bedroom. I've experienced such peace and serenity since ridding our home of those atrocious pillows! It's now much easier to breathe!
Bedroom pillows

 

Living room pillows...forgot to take a picture of the solid cream ones

 I also finally hung some pictures on the wall. I took some time finding a balance of wedding photos and non-wedding photos - this decision was not easy for me. But I got to the point where a choice had to be made, so I rounded up some pictures, old and new, and  made it work. Including a picture of some calves from Jameson's farm. Yes...that's right... I have cows on my wall. Cows. I never imagined my home would have bovine decorations, but somehow it works...at least for now. I'm so indecisive I will probably change the entire collection next week.




Can you see the cows???

We are loving the current set-up...especially the new pillows. Even Jameson, who is usually too low-key to care about decor, finally saw the light and realized how awful those poor pillows were. And of course he loves the cows. But I'll post any updates that we make...because I'm sure there will be plenty.

2 comments: