Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wedding Photo Dilemma

The extensive and drawn-out process of acquiring our wedding photos is finally nearing its end. Thank goodness, Yay,  Hallelujah, oh Happy Day!!
 We were able to view the photos initially in August, and while I was quite pleased with my photographer’s work, there were a few editing issues that I wanted her to address. Like including black and white coloring for some photos, and lightening/darkening others, etc. -they were all seemingly simple requests. But numerous emails and 2 months later, I’m finally at the closing stages of this process and I couldn’t be happier.

But now I’m faced with the dilemma of what to do with them. Jameson and I received beautiful frames as wedding gifts, and I haven’t put anything in them yet as I was waiting for the wedding photographs. Yet as I’m going through the pictures, and deciding which large prints to order, I realize…our house is going to look like shrine to mine and Jameson’s wedding. It would be so monotonous and boring to walk through every room in our house and see the walls filled with pictures from the same day, each of us in the same outfit. As much as I LOVED my dress and adored how adorable Jameson looked in his tuxedo, I believe I will tire of being surrounded by such repetitive decor.
So what should I do now? I’m thinking I will pick just a couple of my favorites for large wall frames, and then have groupings of smaller tabletop frames? Or maybe go crazy in the hallway with a large collage of wedding photos, including those with family and the wedding party, but not have any wedding photos anywhere else in the house? (Keep in mind we have a very small home). What about wedding photos in the kitchen? That just seems odd- I think I will steer away from that.
Sadly, I don’t have any artwork to throw into the mix to add variety. I hope to at some point in the future, but for right now, I must work with what I have.
Below are some pictures I took of our house soon after we moved in. We have changed a few things, and done a little more decorating, but mainly it's the same.


Our kitchen


Our living room. There is a similar empty wall on the other side of the couch


Our bedroom


Don't worry- we have since hung that mirror
As you can see, we have plenty of empty wall space, plenty of beautiful frames, and plenty of desire to finish decorating...but we must come up with a plan of action, and decide how to tastefully utilize our wedding photos. I plan to tackle this project feverishly because I'm itching to have this completed. (These photos have been a thorn in my side for too long!!) I'm welcoming and requesting any suggestions or tips! 

No comments:

Post a Comment