Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dinner results

Monday night I attempted to make these cheese-stuffed shells, and I'm happy to report that they turned out great!! Of course, like always, it took me quite a while to cook everything. From start to finish I believe it was about 2 hours, but the recipe listed prep time as 15 minutes, and cook time as 1 hour and 30 minutes, so I guess I wasn't really that far off. (Compared to my last venture that quoted the cook time as 30 minutes but it took me 2 hours). Dicing an onion and mincing garlic are still very time-consuming for me, but I'm hoping that with continual practice I can get faster and more proficient.
The flavor was divine and it was very rich and hearty. Pioneer Woman (I love her) suggested adding a little crushed red pepper for heat if desired, and I took her up on it!! Since Jameson and I enjoy spicy foods, I added quite a bit of crushed red pepper, and boy did it have a kick!! It was just the right touch!
Here are some pictures of the finished product:
                                                                            YUM!

It made enough for two meals, and I was even able to share some with the neighbors!


After slaving away for two hours, it was great to sit back and enjoy the delicious meal while watching a little post-season Braves baseball. Sadly though, as the game neared the end, it became evident that the Braves would not be able to pull out a win, thus ending their season, and ending the great career of manager Bobby Cox. Bobby Cox has managed the Braves for most of mine and Jameson's life, a feat that is almost unheard of these days. He is the epitome of class, hard work, and loyalty, and will be very missed by the Bouldin household, and all of Braves country. I can't imagine what it will be like to watch a Braves game and see another man sitting in the dug-out. We will miss you Bobby!!

Yes...I took a picture of the TV screen

The opposing team saluting Bobby after the game.

It was a sad night! I cried, a lot, which really isn't that surprising, and even Jameson got a little misty-eyed. Not only for the sad departure of one of the greatest managers and men in baseball.....but also for the horribly dirty kitchen left for us to clean up...sans dishwasher. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment