Saturday, October 1, 2011

Loving the Gridiron

The hubby and I have spent the first day of October doing one thing and pretty much one thing ONLY; watching college football. And lots of it.
We had friends over last night, which meant we did most of our weekly housework chores Wednesday and Thursday night. Then this morning we were able to finish up the rest of our to-do list before the east coast games got under way. Hubs paid the bills, went to the dump, mowed our lawn, and cleaned the glass doors (his weird OCD pet peeve that he insists on doing every week). I took our car to get an oil change, stopped by Chappels for a few grocery items, and made our early lunch.
I had a few things on my to-do list for today besides football; I've been wanting to make a 6-egg cake for weeks, I need to look through my cookbooks and make a grocery list for this week, and there is always laundry to do. But I've been nursing a yucky sinus infection, and with the headache, sinus pressure, and lack of energy, I decided to give in to the lazy temptation to join my husband in hours and hours of guilt-free football.

Between our TV, Jamo's computer streaming ESPN 3, and his awesome remote-control skills allowing him to switch between channels, these are the games we watched today:
Mississippi v. Georgia
Arkansas v. Texas A&M - welcome to the SEC Aggies!!
Buffalo v. Tennessee
Northwestern v. Illinois
Auburn v. South Carolina - entertaining game
Michigan St. v. Ohio St. - total snooze fest, Big 10=booorrriiinnnggg
Arizona v. USC
Clemson v. VA Tech - shocked by that outcome
Baylor v. Kansas State
Alabama v. Florida - wish there was a way for both of them to lose
Nebraska v. Wisconsin - again, kinda boring, didn't live up to the hype
Notre Dame v. Purdue
and now we are watching some of the west coast games:
Fresno State v. Ole Miss - c'mon Rebs, don't embarrass the conference
and
Oregon St. v. Arizona St.

Oh, and we caught a little bit of the MLB playoffs: Cardinals v. Phillies.

Now.......is this day really awesome, or borderline pathetic????
I guessing the answer varies per person, but for us, it was pretty darn great.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... if you're happy, so am I. Props to hubby for having such mad remote skills! And props to you for making the cake!

    ReplyDelete