Wednesday, October 5, 2011

60 Years Young

Mom turned 60 on September 25th.......... 60!! I can't believe it.
As Sadie said when she realized Mom's age, "Whoooa Grandma, 60 is a lot!!".

I've never thought my mother looked her age, and I definitely don't think she looks 60, even with the new graying hair (which I love). She is often forgetful, and having a conversation where she hears everything you say is becoming rare. But she looks like a million bucks, exercises more than people half her age (way more than I do), works hard, takes care of her family, and doesn't have any signs of slowing down. Pretty amazing for being 60 I'd say. 

We had a great family party in celebration of her.  I was in charge of the cake, and was excited to use a fresh-outta-the-box-wedding-gift cake plate, and implement some cutesy party decorations I've seen on the interwebs.

My favorite part of the evening, and hopefully my Mother's too, was the unveiling of the list the family had compiled for her.  A list of the 60 Things We Love About Mom!! Granted it may seem like a cheesy gift but Mom loved it, I mean loooved it. Her immediate tears were a sure sign of its success.
Numbers 22-28 are Sadie's ...adorable

 Hope you had a great birthday Mom. We love you!!

5 comments:

  1. Emily, please list the 60 things. Uncle Sam.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Em! And I love how Aunt Hollye opens her house to relatives in need! :)

    Happy birthday, Aunt Hollye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful decorations, cake, gift...everything! Happy birthday, Aunt Hollye! It looks like it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful blog! You did such a good job on the cake and decorations--I can't wait til I get to use my cake stand! And the present was probably the best thing you could give her :) I love Aunt Hollye, her work ethic and thriftiness, her smile and laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very blessed to have such a wonderful family and wonderful nieces and nephews!

    Thank you to each of you! It was a Birthday to remember for sure.

    ReplyDelete