Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring; a reflection on the circle of life

I took these following pictures a few weeks back when our little yard began to show the first signs of spring.
 Of all the wonderful memories and moments of reflection that living in my Grandmother's home has provided me, enjoying the bounty of her carefully tended to landscape has been one of my favorites.
We are blessed to enjoy little organic remnants of the love and hard work she put into everything she did; these little pieces of her are left behind, leaving live, growing memories for our family to reflect on and cherish year after year.
As Jameson and I look forward to adding to our home's landscaping, I will be thinking of my Grandmother. She would be a wonderful resource for all my gardening inquiries; a wealth of knowledge of which plants to chose, and how to nurse them to their full potential.
My thoughts will be of her as we plant our own little flowering existence, with hopes to honor her with our love and dedication to keeping this home looking as beautiful as she always did.

4 comments:

  1. Grandmommy did always work so hard on her lawn and flowers. I know you guys will do her proud! It's so nice to have flower weather back again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gommy always sent me a pic of the big bush in the front yard every year. (I didn't want to attempt to spell its name since I know I'll get it wrong!) I think we (The J's) gave it to her one year as a Mother's Day gift? Maybe? Anyway- I always got a pic of it every year; it was something I looked forward to.

    (That was a hint by the way! Keep the tradition alive!! ) ;) Just a pic on the blog would be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled you and Jameson are taking sure good care of her place!!! She would be thrilled with your care of it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, these pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete