Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jameson cooks!

A few weeks back on a lazy Sunday afternoon, I had a little helper in the kitchen.....my husband!!
During the week it's usually best if Jameson studies while I cook dinner, a routine that works well for both of us; he gets a little pre-dinner homework completed, and I get the kitchen to myself without the big lug underfoot. But on the weekends we both have a little more free-time, which means I occasionally get a side-kick.
On this particular Sunday, we were trying to finish up some bacon, (such a difficult task to be forced to eat bacon) and decided to go with bacon cheeseburgers and broccoli salad. The broccoli salad is a recipe from Mrs. Paula Dean and is of course quite tasty. Jameson promised me that he wouldn't like it because he ''really hates broccoli", but he agreed to try it and ended up loving it!
It turned out to be a great lunch!
Jameson's creative way to steam the buns
Look at that concentration
Delicious

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Very impressive! I might even be tempted to eat broccoli, if Abby is willing to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're just teasing us with those pictures of yummy broccoli salad! Recipe, please... :)

    ReplyDelete