Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Where I've been

As you might have noticed, the frequency of my blog posts has slowly decreased over the last few weeks, but sadly it's not from a lack of things I want to share, it's due to some frustrating (and yet exciting at the same time) technical difficulties.
Let me fill you in:

First, and fabulously, Uncle Sam (i.e. the government, not my real Uncle Sam) blessed us with a tax return; a lovely pat on the back for our year of hard work! So after savings and other important uses, we decided to purchase a camera. I was previously using my mother's old Canon 35mm, and began to learn about the basics of photography. But unfortunately I'm a child of the "instant gratification" generation; waiting till the film was developed to learn from my mistakes was too much for me. Call me spoiled, but I'm so accustomed to immediate feedback that it was difficult to hone my skills on such antiquated equipment.
Soooo, after much research and deliberation we settled on a Canon EOS 50D that I found on eBay. Jameson and I were quite the site to see during the eBay auction; we huddled around the computer, waiting with baited breath till midnight, increasing our bid and crossing our fingers that we would win, and squealing with excitement when we won. (well I squealed, not Jameson) It was great!
Getting the camera from eBay was really the way to go; it allowed us to get a nice camera, but not pay the outrageous prices of a brand new model. This camera is gently used, and a few years old, digital, and perfect for me!!

But sharing the pictures I've taken with this camera is where the technical difficulties lie.
I knew I didn't want to bog down Jameson's computer with the Canon software and tons of picture files, not to mention the countless hours I'll probably spend editing and uploading photos. So I decided to use/borrow a Mac laptop from my Mom (thanks Mom, you truly are the best!!)
However, the Mac is older and a little slow, so we decided to get it cleaned up and add RAM. (Which by the way, RAM is such a funny computer term, I mean think about it, RAM?? Really?). Anyways, after some researching on what it needed, I sent it off to be worked on.
Over a week later, I got it back; it was cleaned up and much faster- Yay! I thought I was ready to upload all the pictures I'd taken over the last month and finally share our adventures with the world!!!
But, of course, I wasn't so lucky.
You see, Jameson and I are really frugal; we LOVE to save money, and are actually quite good at it. Instead of spending money each month on internet service, we mooch off my parent's internet signal. (thanks Neighbors!!) It's money-saving perfection!
BUT, this little old Mac doesn't have the power to pick up the wayfaring internet signal. So unless I hike over to my parent's house, or maybe sit in the yard, there's no internet connection for me. Which means No way to upload and share pictures!!!
AAAHHHHHH!!!
Despite the massive amount of things I'm dying to blog about, I (and the blogging world) will have to wait a little bit longer. Jameson and I are going to put our heads together and come up with a solution as soon as possible- cause I'm about to burst!!!
So hopefully very soon I'll be able to share with you pictures of our adventure to meet Pioneer Woman, Laura with Marlboro Man, Jameson cooking, plenty of Sadie shots, a trip to Knoxville, bacon cheeseburgers, a hamburger helper make-over, and much more!!
Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Well, I can be patient if I have to be. Send up a flair when the pics are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to them as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully we will get some uploaded soon!

    ReplyDelete