Friday, February 25, 2011

I need a filter...

Today, this afternoon, I'm embarking on an adventure; an adventure unlike any other that I've embarked on before. Today....I'm going to see to a lady that I think is pretty darn neat, a lady that I admire (not in a creepy way of course), yet a lady whom I've never met. Today I'm going to meet Pioneer Woman!!

Yay!!! Yippee!!!! I've been looking forward to this day ever since she released her book tour dates. My excitement has been hard to contain. But lately, especially within the last few days, my excitement has been replaced with nervousness.
I've never been to an event like this, what should I expect?! Even more important, what should I say to her?! The more I think about it, the more nervous I become. I'd imagine that I'll only have a few moments to visit with her; just as long as it takes her to sign my book. Should I tell her exactly how I feel???

Hi Ree! Is it OK if I call you Ree? I mean, I feel like we are already friends!!

Maybe not.

Hi there! Nice to meet you...did I mention that I want to BE you?!

Scratch that....waay too creepy.

Hi Ree, we have so much in common! You married a cowboy and I married a farmer, and we both knew nothing about ranchlife/farmlife before we got married!! I too had never been around cattle in my life...and when I'm at his farm, I'm surrounded by all these people who know EVERYTHING about cows....you should come to McMinnville with me!!.....we could hang around all the cow people and talk about nail polish and cooking and Anthropologie. You could give me lessons on how to get manure stains out of clothes, I'm sure I'll need that knowledge someday soon.

That might be too much information too.

Hi Ree! Guess what?! You have four kids and I want four kids. We are truly meant to be friends!
And when you talk about your ovaries aching because you want more children...I'm right there with ya girl!!

OK that is definitely too much.

I'm so nervous. What if I suddenly lose my filter and blurt out all those embarrassing conversation topics? What if I'm trying so hard to not creep her out that I just stand there, silent and awkward. What if I get so worried about what I should say or might say, that my brain gives up and I pass out, fall over, hit my head on her table, and get a concussion.

I'm thinking that last option might be the best.
Then maybe she will ride with me in the ambulance to the hospital.
And we can talk the whole time about when and where to get our friendship bracelets.

I think I'm losing it.

image from here

5 comments:

  1. You crack me up! Glad we're making this adventure together! I, too, have no idea what one says to famous people. When I got John Mayer's autograph, all I managed was "You're amazing." And then I just openly gaped at him. Not my finest moment. Well, we have the ride to Memphis to figure out what we will say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my overanalyzation (real word?) is rubbing off on you! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to having 8 children? I remember you saying you wanted eight children, when you were a little girl.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only you!

    Only you would truly over-analyze the situation beforehand.
    Only you would travel to another city to meet someone that you only know through their blog.
    Only you would pull it all off when you actually meet her with the grace and dignity of British Royalty (that's a compliment).
    And only you will insure that you tell us all about it in your next blog post.

    Yes, only you. :-)

    Love, Uncle Sam.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure everything was wonderful! Joanna said you had a great time. :) Can't wait for the followup post! :)

    ReplyDelete