Monday, May 2, 2011

There’s a Beatles' song in my head….

This past weekend I was blessed to be a part of the wedding of my dear friend Elyse and her fiance Ryan; it was such a sweet event.
Call me a creeper, but I loved being able to observe the outward manifestations of Ryan and Elyse’s love for each other; the quiet glances, the smiles, the unspoken ‘words’ of encouragement, the laughs, the way he almost unnoticeably rubbed her hand during the ceremony…I could choke up just thinking about it. 
What they have is Love, plain and simple.
And it was such a joy to witness the two of them take their love to the next level. I don’t know if it’s because my wedding was so recent, or that I’m turning into an even bigger sentimental schmuck, but more than before I’m starting to realize how special a wedding ceremony is. How wonderful to observe two people strip themselves of all things self-centered and commit to a life of partnership, dual-thinking,  and self-sacrifice. What an honor it is to be a part of such a life-changing event; seeing two people at the ultimate state of vulnerability, in front of family and friends confessing their devotion and whole-heartedly humbling themselves to the other in the name of commitment and loyalty, agreeing to a lifetime of ups and down held together by Love. 
Cause all you need is Love.
Love is all you need.
aaaaaaahhh I adore weddings!!
and the Beatles!
and being over-the-top sentimental. (sorry)
And Elyse and Ryan!!


Thanks for letting me be part of your day!!

Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment