Thursday, July 14, 2011

Poetry for Laurel

I received a request to write some poetry. And since I usually crave outlets for the creative energies swirling in my head, I was much obliged to fulfill the request.
Disclaimer: I am not a poet.

Limerick:
My good friend Laurel is a kind soul indeed
With red hair and sharp wit she's all that you need
She'll make you laugh hardy
And is always down to party
Her life should be a book for all to read

Limerick:
Who says there's shame in having a deaf cat
She can run, jump, and play and things like that
She may not hear your arrival
But senses aide her survival
And her response is purring if called fat

Haiku:
Laurel loves nature
Plant and food are her nectar
Nature loves her back

Haiku:
Laurel is loyal
A delight to all her friends
Always makes me laugh

1 comment:

  1. you know, if you are writing in the true japanese haiku voice, it should read...."always me raugh".

    ReplyDelete